Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:45:59 -0700
From: "Paul Laudanski" <zx@...tlecops.com>
To: <link@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Cc: vuln@...unia.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	bugs@...uritytracker.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	vulndiscuss@...nwatch.org, moderators@...db.org
Subject: [VulnDiscuss] Re: [waraxe-2005-SA#041] - Critical
	Sql Injection in PhpNuke 6.x-7.6 Top module[Scanned]

On 7 Apr 2005, Janek Vind wrote:
> http://localhost/nuke76/modules.php?name=Top&querylang=%20WHERE%201=2%20UNION
> %20ALL%20SELECT%201,pwd,1,1%20FROM%20nuke_authors/*
>
> ... and as result we can see md5 hashes of all the admin passwords in place, where normally
> top 10 votes can be seen :)

Again as before, code should be validating input.  But as a simple
precaution against default GET attacks, changing the table prefix from the
common "nuke_" to something random like "zloqf7_" would render that
sample, and all others based on "nuke_" useless.

Of course in the grander scheme that isn't foolproof, but does work
against the default GETs.

--
Sincerely,

Paul Laudanski .. Computer Cops, LLC.