Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 05:00:07 -0400
From: Suramya Tomar <security@...amya.com>
To: bond.masuda@...ond.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Trillian Ver 3.1 saves password's in plain Text

Hi Bond,
  Thanks for confirming this on your end. The login does work, but if
you are already logged in to your yahoo account when you try to use the
html file to login it doesn't work. I guess it has something to do with
the recent change in yahoo's authentication check as it used to work
earlier.

  I am scared to even look at how it stores other passwords. Personally
I prefer using gaim. Atleast that is a lot more secure and its
developers seem to take security a lot more seriously.

Thanks,
  Suramya

> Hi Suramya,
>
> You are correct. It looks like Trillian creates an HTML page that tries to
> accomplish the login but it doesn't work anyway. Yahoo's login mechanism
> isn't a simple form submit.
>
> Yet again, another poorly designed application. Now I wonder how it stores
> acct passwords in general. However, it does remove the file when Trillian is
> closed.
>
> -Bond

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
Name : Suramya Tomar
Homepage URL: http://www.suramya.com