Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:01:13 -0700
From: Reed Arvin <reedarvin@...il.com>
To: NoBrain NoPain <nobnop@...il.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	vuln@...unia.com, news@...uriteam.com
Subject: Re: Privilege escalation in Network Associates
	ePolicy Orchestrator Agent 3.5.0 (patch 3)

Hmm...that is interesting. I assure you that they were notified and
were given all of the information in the original post to
Full-Disclosure at
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2005-August/036022.html
well before it was posted. I was surprised that there was no reply
also.

However, they are a large company. Things can slip through the cracks
I guess. As to the statement that was made about not following
"standard industry practices", I could only assume that they would add
that to save face. But it doesn't bother me too much because I had the
best of intentions when attempting to notifying them and disclosing
the vulnerability.