Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:55:58 +0530
From: Sanjay Rawat <sanjayr@...oto.com>
To: Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez <roman@...labs.com>,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: MS05_039 Exploitation (different languages)

hi Roman:
I too observed the same thing. i am running a windows 2K, SP4. i found that
base address of UMPNPMGR.DLL is 0x767a0000. however, when i run the attack
with this address, the target machine got rebooted (a crash). this may be,
because umpnpmgr.dll is a part of "service.exe", therefore, on failure, it
reboots. but with the unchanged base address, it worked perfectly. so now
the same code can be used for DoS also!!!

--Sanjay

At 10:06 PM 8/25/2005, Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez wrote:

Sanjay Rawat
Senior Software Engineer
INTOTO Software (India) Private Limited
Uma Plaza, Above HSBC Bank, Nagarjuna Hills
PunjaGutta,Hyderabad 500082 | India
Office: + 91 40 23358927/28 Extn 422
Website : www.intoto.com
   Homepage: http://sanjay-rawat.tripod.com