Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:40:14 -0500 (CDT)
From: cwh01@...78.dixiesys.com
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: AWstats Path Disclosure Vulnerability

Thing is, it's a MINOR bug.  Since most people install it in the default
/cgi-gin and usually under /awstats, it doesn't give much ammo other then
possibly the userid of the account.  And since a LOT of ppl use something
easy like "admin" or a shortened version of teh domain name like
"domai00", it's not hard to guess the paths.   Besides, a lot of ppl also
have a phpinfo.php file on their sites or servers...that gives you much
more information then this does.

This is nothing more then a minor bug then a real security issue.