Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:00:58 -0800
From: Jon Callas <jon@....com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Cc: Jon Callas <jon@....com>
Subject: Update on the PGP NTFS File Wipe Issue, 16 Dec 2005

We have verified the problem; with an NTFS volume and Windows XP,
free space wiping of slack after the end of a file but before the end
of the cluster does not occur correctly with Windows XP and NTFS. It
does work correctly with NTFS under Windows 2000, or with Windows XP
and another file system such as FAT32. It also works correctly when
using the file shredding functionality. This issue affected only the
volume-level free space wiping.

We have created a fix for this issue, and the fix has pass both our
own tests and independent testing by Vinnie Liu. We are now preparing
PGP Desktop 9.0.4 that includes this fix. We expect to release PGP
Desktop 9.0.4 next Wednesday, 21 Dec 2005.

	Jon

--
Jon Callas
CTO, CSO