Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:45:47 -0500
From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle@...il.com>
To: Charles Cala <charles_cala@...oo.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Urgent Alert: Possible BlackWorm DDay February
	3rd (Snort signatures included)

On 1/27/06, Charles Cala <charles_cala@...oo.com> wrote:
> BlackWorm has a LAN infection vector.

So does some kid hacking directly into your box, but he isnt a worm

> No action on the part of the user of the
> box on the LAN must happen for them to "get got",
> thus this is a worm.

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/nyxem_e.shtml
Yes there is, read the fsecure write up. They have to have admin
rights to their neighbors machine or the NFS vector, where they still
have to click on the replaced..

you know what, it doesnt really matter. This "worm" will be gone in 7
days, so lets just agree that you are right and I am dead wrong.

Sorry all, didnt meant to make noise. its a worm, just like MyDoom
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_worm)

-JP
"That guy is a moron"
-F. Gump (speaking on JP's character)