Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:54:52 +1100
From: Adam Donnison <adam@...i.com.au>
To: r.verton@...il.com
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: dotproject <= 2.0.1 remote code execution

I'm not sure I understand why this is a problem.  As you have stated
register_globals must be set to on before any of this can be triggered.
  In terms on register_globals being on by default, that hasn't been the
case in PHP for quite some time.

Also, I am intrigued by the claim that 'protection.php' is vulnerable.
There is no 'protection.php' anywhere in the dotProject tree.

As pointed out to you privately, the simple solution is to turn
register_globals off.

Adam Donnison
Admin - dotProject

--