Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:45:21 +0000
From: Max Ashton <maxashton@....cc>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Vulnerabilites in new laws on computer hacking

Here here, Paul.

Worried your test network isn't "real" enough? Make it better! Throw in IDS,
patch management, whatever.

As Paul suggested, get your buddies involved. I've seen workshops where people
are designated "attacker" and "defender", objectives are obvious.

If kids / pro's aren't smart enough to realise the benefits of this kind of
exercise, they really have no business being in our trade.

I'm with Paul. I don't care *who* you are or how ethical you *think* you are,
it's not ethical to break into someone else's computer system without
authorization for whatever reason, and you should be prosecuted for it.

There are ample tools out there to setup a test network ranging from FOSS
tools like QEMU and commercial stuff like VMWare etc.

There's no excuse.

Max