Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:43:50 -0500
From: Nexus <nexus.logik@...il.com>
To: Paul Laudanski <zx@...tlecops.com>
Cc: phishing@...urityfocus.com, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Coppermine exploit used by a Chase Phish?

Coppermine is subjectable to multiple exploits, for the most part
exploiters do not need to have much knowledge of it's working. There is
a script called nst.php which is saved as a rar file and uploaded into
the coppermine (unless coppermine is properly configured to now access
anything bt image files) this nst.php script allows them to run a local
acct on the system and browse through directories,upload new files even
access sql u/p and the sql database. there is a good possablity this is
what happened

some kid hacked the coppermine using a script simular to the "nst.php"
uploaded it, got into the sever, and simply uplaoded the phish script.
pretty easy to do actually, and a simple google search for
"[subject],powered by coppermine" will give a extended list of possible
targets for the exploiter to attack.