Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:38:12 -0600
From: "Phil Frederick" <flosofl@...il.com>
To: "James Garrison" <jhg@...ensgroup.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Latest MS patches kill wireless networking?

James,

I experienced the same behavior with Intel 2200 b/g adapter.  Key
negotiation worked correctly, but when it came time to pull a DHCP
address it stalled.  I have DHCP using static tables for address
assignment.  After much trial and error, I found that when I removed
the 2200's card from the static DHCP list, I could get an address
everytime and comunicate normally.  I am able to reproduce this
behavior at will.  I was (and still am) going to dig a little deeper
into the DHCP negotiation to see what is different on the client end
when the server has a static table.  There must be something since
turning it off for that MAC address resolved the problem.

My AP is using WPA-PSK TKIP encryption.  I have not tested this using
WEP, WPA2-PSK, or unencrypted.  After I decode the DHCP with and
without a static table on the server side, I will try testing with
these.

Phil