Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:04:20 -0500
From: "Dennis Brown" <dennis.brown@...il.com>
To: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@...nap.net>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: WebVulnCrawl searching excluded directories for hackable web servers

Hi Michael, thanks for noticing my project.  You've pretty much made
my point about why I'm doing this, as robots.txt shouldn't be used as
an ACL.  That's exactly the reason why I'm doing this crawling.  I'm
trying to find out how widespread of an issue this is, and to see how
this is being misused, as I've stated in my blog.

In both your posts, you've claimed you have evidence of port scanning
and, in this recent post, hitting .org and .gov sites, both of which
are false.  As you've made no attempt to contact me directly about
what I'm doing or to verify that I am indeed doing either of these
things, I'd like to ask you to share this information so we can
determine what is going on.  The data you've linked to shows mostly
port 80 access, as well as some port 9999 access which I suspect is
from a redirect, probably the main reason you may believe I'm doing
things like intentionally hitting .org sites, but there's nothing
there to verify your claims.  If you have other data to back up these
allegations, please share it.

Dennis Brown
http://webvulncrawl.blogspot.com