Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 01:15:29 -0400
From: "labs-no-reply@...fense.com" <labs-no-reply@...fense.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, vulnwatch@...nwatch.org,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: iDefense Q2 2006 Vulnerability Challenge

iDefense Labs is pleased to announce the launch of next installment in
our quarterly vulnerability challenge. Last quarter's challenge focused
on critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft products and was a great
success. We would like to thank everyone that forwarded submissions
prior to the deadline on March 31, 2006. We look forward to announcing
award winners once public advisories become available for the
vulnerabilities.

For the second quarter of 2006, we're shifting the focus from vendor to
technology. This time around, we're focusing on database
vulnerabilities. For submissions received before June 30, 2006, iDefense
Labs will pay $10,000 for each vulnerability submission that results in
the discovery of a remotely exploitable database vulnerability that
meets the following criteria.

- Technologies:
  - Oracle Database 10G
  - Microsoft SQL Server 2005
  - IBM DB Universal Database 8.2
  - MySQL 5.0
  - PostgreSQL 8.1
- The vulnerability must be original and not previously disclosed either
  publicly or to the vendor by another party
- The vulnerability must be remotely exploitable in a default
  installation of one of the targeted technologies
- The vulnerability must exist in the latest version of the affected
  technology with all current patches/upgrades applied
- The vulnerability cannot be caused by or require third party software
- The vulnerability must result in root access on the target machine
- The vulnerability must not require the use of authentication
  credentials
- The vulnerability must receive the vendor's maximum severity ranking
  when the advisory is published (if applicable).

In order to qualify, the submission must be sent during the current
quarter and be received by midnight EST on June 30, 2006. The $10,000
prizes will be paid out following confirmation with the affected vendor
and will be paid in addition to any amount paid for the vulnerability
when it is first accepted. Only the initial submission for a given
vulnerability will qualify for the reward and a maximum of six awards
will be paid out. Should more than six submissions qualify, the first
six submissions will receive the reward.

Further details on the iDefense Vulnerability Contributor Program (VCP)
can be found at:

  http://labs.idefense.com/vcp.php

Michael Sutton
Director, iDefense Labs