Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:34:37 +0200
From: Kurt Huwig <k.huwig@...-ag.de>
To: RSnake <rsnake@...cking.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Bypassing of web filters by using ASCII

RSnake schrieb:

>     Jeremiah Grossman and I were able to get a proof of concept
> working based off of Kurt's work that actually runs a simple piece of
> JavaScript in IE, without using open or close angle brackets.  Here's
> the link to the post:
>
> http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20060621/us-ascii-xss-part-2/
>
>     I concur that it would be very likely that this would pass
> through almost all the content filters known to date, although the
> liklihood of exploit is fairly low for any given websites, given the
> encoding needed (US-ASCII).  This is more relevant to perhaps injecting
> JavaScript from remote locations by which you have control and bypassing
> AV or content filtering products that otherwise would restrict malicious
> JavaScript.

I was able to get your example working on a normal HTTP server by adding
this to the <head>er:

Demo page is here:

http://www.iku-ag.de/ascii.cgi.htm
--
Kurt Huwig             iKu Systemhaus AG        http://www.iku-ag.de/
Vorstand               Am Römerkastell 4        Telefon 0681/96751-0

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (255 bytes)