Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:06:08 +0100
From: "chinese soup" <noodle.mastah@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Cc: sapheal@...k.pl, 3APA3A <3APA3A@...urity.nnov.ru>
Subject: Re: Windows NT Message Compiler 1.00.5239 arbitrary code execution

*/me joining the bandwagon because... well, because it's fun and i'm an a-hole*

*clears throat*

Dear sapheal,

"Unhandled exception at 0x01003468 in MC.EXE: 0xC0000005:
shp> Access violation reading location 0x41414141."

Unfortunately, every access violation you get does NOT mean it is
exploitable and "critical security vulnerability ". This one just says
"Access violation reading location...".

Now you have to ask yourself:
"How do I gain control of this program?"
"Can I do it via this Access violation error?"
"How can I use this to own my girlfriend's box so I can check her email?"
"Do I look uber-cool by having the words "critical", "vulnerability"
and "Windows" in one message?" <-- not if you have the words "might",
"be" and "possible" with no supporting facts.

3APA3A said it best, "In  order  to call some bug "critical security
vulnerability", you must show critical security impact from this
vulnerability."

just-joing-in-the-fun-even-though-not-everyone-appreciates-it,

"Tao of Noodle Making: sweat means no need for salt"