Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:53:44 -0800 (PST)
From: RSnake <rsnake@...cking.com>
To: Billy Hoffman <Billy.Hoffman@...dynamics.com>
Cc: skarvin <skarvin@...il.com>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	websecurity@...appsec.org
Subject: RE: [WEB SECURITY] Universal XSS with PDF files: highly dangerous

That's correct.  In doing some quick tests you can mitigate this if you
take the URL (let's say http://site.com/file.pdf) and 301 them to the
same file with an empty anchor tag:  http://site.com/file.pdf#

Of course that would cause an infinite loop since the empty anchor tag
is not visible to the webserver so the unique token is still required.

-RSnake
http://ha.ckers.org/
http://sla.ckers.org/
http://ha.ckers.org/fierce/