Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:00:23 +0100 (CET)
From: bzhbfzj3001@...akemail.com
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Fake: Open Conference Systems = 2.8.2 Remote File Inclusion

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, [UTF-8] Micha? Melewski wrote:

> Dnia 29-01-2007, pon o godzinie 14:11 +0100, bzhbfzj3001@...akemail.com
> napisaÿÿ(a):
> [...]
>> Unfortunately your advisory is once again, fake. The variable you are
>> referring to is set in interface/globals.php which is of course included
>> before the mentioned include statement.
>>
> Hmm, it isn't fake - i was able to exploit this bug.
> This software (i mean openemr) i so badly written that i have been able
> to find few other bugs,  like:
> """
Argh, you're right. The problematic code is here:

interface/globals.php:

// required for normal operation because of recent changes in PHP:
$ps = strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],"myadmin");
if ($ps === false) {
         extract($_GET);
         extract($_POST);
}

// turn off PHP compatibility warnings
ini_set("session.bug_compat_warn","off");
?>

In other words: Turn off all those pesky security improvements, so that we
may grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Obviously the number of people
that are running with the retarded allow_url_fopen setting on should be
low but looking at the quality of this software I don't think finding
vulnerabilities that can be exploited in real-life installations should be
hard.

Tinus