Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 01:06:25 -0500
From: "Memisyazici, Aras" <arasm@...edu>
To: "Dennis" <dennislv@...il.com>,
	"Mark Senior" <senatorfrog@...il.com>
Cc: "Zulfikar Ramzan" <Zulfikar_Ramzan@...antec.com>,
	<bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Drive-by Pharming Threat

A very simple solution (for home users at least, although could be implemented to commercial/enterprise as well) to this dilemma would be to block access/pop-up warning message for all traffic from the Internal LAN IPs to Internal LAN based webpages (port 80,81,8080 and 443)... i.e. MOST modems serve their mgmt page via http://198.168.100.1 Block all access to that IP, end of story :)

Aras "Russ" Memisyazici
arasm@...edu

Outreach Information Services
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Virginia Tech)