Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:15:40 -0500
From: <auto400208@...hmail.com>
To: <andfarm@...il.com>
Cc: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Drive-by Pharming Threat

Thanks.

This is what I am struggling with

1. On my firefox I have the router password saved:

<iframe src="http://192.168.0.1">  from remote site brings up
password manager all nicely filled in, I still have to hit ok

<iframe src="http://foo:foo@....168.0.1"> remote site brings up a
security warning do you want to blah blah LINKSYS with foo

I haven't seen away around this.

2. I understand setting up a series of iframes for each type of
router. What I mean is the vuln in the first instance to get inside
the html in order to diddle it. You effectively have remote site
scriting to remote sight. Nothing more. Have you tried to do this
even locally with your router's index.html (a) you need to find a
viable "xss" error entry point, and then achieve this from
different domains, and then test each and every router's index.html
for the same thing. On top of that you'll need to determine each
target browser and adjust accordingly.

Frankly the whole vuln sounds far fetched in practice. Certainly
not anything "drive by" that I can see. So far.

--
Click for online loan, fast & no lender fee, approval today
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1QXD1xzTKHDwpaS3VeSycenuZW/