Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:48:53 +1000
From: AusCERT <auscert@...cert.org.au>
To: dexie@....cc
Cc: auscert@...cert.org.au, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Jboss vulnerability  (AUSCERT#2007d2feb)

Hi Ben, Bugtraq,

For the record, AusCERT is more than happy to assist researchers with
coordinated responsible vulnerability disclosure, in fact, you may remember
us from coordinated vuln disclosures such as:

http://www.auscert.org.au/render.html?it=4091

We are happy to work with researchers and vendors and to keep your details
anonymous if you so wish.

This of course typically relies on you contacting us prior to public
disclosure.

You mention in the below email that:

	"auscert (sic) have no vulnerability reporting option"

granted, we have no webform that you can fill out and submit regarding
vulnerabilities (and we have never had a request from a researcher to
implement such a thing).

All the AusCERT contact details are available from:

	http://www.auscert.org.au/1922

These options include:

	phone, fax, postal mail, email

This page includes a link to our pgp key should you wish to communicate
securely via email.

We will certainly investigate this issue further, and will begin notifying
potentially vulnerable parties exposed to this issue.

Best regards,

MacLeonard

- --
MacLeonard Starkey,  Security Analyst   | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT                                 | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
Australia's National CERT               | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Brisbane QLD Australia                 	| Email:   auscert@...cert.org.au