Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:57:48 -0400
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: hsukowa@...oo.com
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Question about exploit exposing SSN & user info

Comments inline:

Let's be realistic for a minute here with this snippet. On all logical
sense do you think there has been a time that say a bank or financial
services company has been compromised and said nothing of the incident?
You'd be insane to think they willingly provide this information. If you
take a look at the majority of article regarding lost/stolen data, it
mainly comes to light when someone points it out. RARELY does one see a
company come out with a public service announcement stating "Look for
years we gave away your information unknowingly. We've since then
remedied the problem and offer you this toaster as a token of our
appreciation."

A few things to think of:

1) Do you value your job? If so then hire an attorney before you do or
say anything. Chances are you will be canned. Whether or not its because
of downsizing, you were the best of the best, history shows
whistleblowers are almost always shafted.

2) Did you discover this information due to the nature of your work or
did you let curiousity get the best of you. a) If it was work related
see number 1). b) Out of curiousity? See 1).

J. Oquendo
"Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta"

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF684C42E
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5157 bytes)