Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:59:14 -0700
From: Aditya K Sood <zeroknock@...niche.org>
To: Debasis Mohanty <debasis.mohanty.listmails@...il.com>,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	websecurity@...appsec.org, "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...re.org>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] SecNiche : Microsoft Internet Explorer Pop
 up Blocker Bypassing and Dos Vulnerability

Debasis Mohanty wrote:
> No offence intended but if you take a little more effort of validating your
> work before posting publicly then you can save yourself from embarrassment.
>
> I don't see anything in the script that can bypass zone security and run
> successfully from internet zone. I am sure you have tested it locally and
> drawn conclusion that the script can execute from internet zone. To test the
> script from internet zone, you need to upload it to a webserver and try
> accessing via browser.
>
> Any VB/Java script will run from local security with a charm but if you can
> make it run from internet zone (without a prompt) then you found a holy
> grail. However I don't see anything in the script which can defeat zone
> security and access registry, hence no vulnerability.
>
> The best way to validate your work before posting publicly is, run it
> through the vendor or third party security sites like secunia or idefence.
> This would certainly save you from public embarrassment.
>

> -d

Hi

"

/Any VB/Java script will run from local security with a charm but if you can
make it run from internet zone (without a prompt) then you found a holy
grail. However I don't see anything in the script which can defeat zone
security and access registry, hence no vulnerability./

"
                 No problem.  I think every script that runs from the
Internet zone prompts.Mr. Debasish.
Most of the time locally it prompts too. I hope you can find any method
that an active X control
does not prompt. You are good at bypassing things.

/"I don't see anything in the script that can bypass zone security and run
successfully from internet zone. I am sure you have tested it locally and
drawn conclusion that the script can execute from internet zone. To test the
script from internet zone, you need to upload it to a webserver and try
accessing via browser. "
/
I think I have told the practical citation clearly. The automation object
is required.

"
The best way to validate your work before posting publicly is, run it
through the vendor or third party security sites like secunia or idefence.
This would certainly save you from public embarrassment. "

Embarrassment. Nothing lies beneath it. Critically your are too much at
of your own in deciding.

Regards
AKS