Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 03:38:21 +0100
From: "Michal Bucko" <michal.bucko@...ytt.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: 27Mhz based wireless security insecurities - Aka - "We know what
	you typed last summer"

Max :),

Now it is time for some RAKEs and OOK-based weaknesses in O-CDMA. Wondering
when it all happens, I mean, when we come up with (enough) good solutions
for the eavesdropping on mobile networking. It is, however, much much more
complicated than current research works available (frequency hopping and
various other techniques used).

For instance (to be more precise), Ryu and Jang in "A Security Weakness of
the CDMA(Code Division Multiple Access)Cellular Service" noted that FCM
protocol might allow CDMA eavesdropping etc.

Or, what about anti-symmetric grating suggested by Castro and Geraghty used
(to some extent also, although not only!) for security purposes? As I said,
plenty of opportunities to work on in this field. I have, for instance,
worked recently very much on UMTS security issues.

Nevertheless, nice work, guys. By the way, did you had to build any
hardware, or did you use the available? (sorry if I missed that - what i
mean
is the radio receiver) And the other question or suggestion - one might
take a
simple follow-the-line robot with the ability to communicate and eavesdrop
a little bit on such communication ;-)

Cheers!

By the way, my conference talk during IT Underground (about the
vulnerability
research) is available here: http://eleytt.com/research.html

Michal