Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:46:05 -0600 (CST)
From: Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org>
To: crazy frog crazy frog <i.m.crazy.frog@...il.com>
Cc: Untitled <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	PenTest <pen-test@...urityfocus.com>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: what is this?

> Hi,
>
> Recently on opening one of my site,my antivirus pops up saying that it
> has found on malicious script.the url is random and i have managed to
> get tht script.it is using some flaw in apple quick time.
> u can get the zip file for java script here:
> http://secgeeks.com/what.zip
> password is 12345
> can somebody guide/help me what is this and how can i remove it?

I did not look at the malware, but it is pretty obvious you have been
compromised.

Defacements today (unless for specific reason of being "seen") are about
leaving the site the same way you find it, and infecteing its user
base/visitors.

A second option is that you are secure but a "partner" such as ad sites
has been compromised and infects your users.

Naturally, a compromise can come from anywhere, but in most cases it is
something like RFI... Taosecurity linked to three great papers on the
subject of web botnets / cross-platform web malware:
http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2007/11/great-papers-from-honeynet-project.html

Linking also to my original article here:
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/815

 	Gadi.