Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:17:56 -0800
From: Jim Harrison <Jim@...tools.org>
To: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>,
	"bugtraq@...urityfocus.com" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Country by Country ISA Computer Sets

<sarcasm tagfor=oblivoious>
Yeh, but what if I want you to justify your decisions in the context of my perceptions?
You don't find it reasonable that because you wish to share your efforts for free that they should serve my needs as well?
</sarcasm>

For the record, I tried Tim's blocklists and because I use an external spam-catcher and therefore accept mail only from them or specific hosts, I can statistically validate the statement that the sources of SMTP connection attempts that ignore my MX record are coming from a large percentage of the IPs Tim assembled, with the majority coming from east Asia (China & Korea being the most active).

It's a fair bet that any SMTP connection attempts that fail to agree with your MX record are "less than trustworthy".

Jim