Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:22:04 -0700
From: Jim Harrison <Jim@...tools.org>
To: Arshan Dabirsiaghi <arshan.dabirsiaghi@...ectsecurity.com>,
	"bugtraq@...urityfocus.com" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Bypassing URL Authentication and Authorization with HTTP Verb
 Tampering

Interesting (and serendipitous, at that <g>).

ISA Server 2004+ allows you to configure "allowed / denied methods" in any rule for which the web proxy is involved; effectively nullifying this attack.

..of course, this requires the web devs to communicate the minimum required methods for their site - something I've rarely seen expressed with any real authority.

Jim