Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:33:02 -0700
From: "David Hulton" <0x31337@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: ToorCon 10 Call For Papers

TOORCON X

9 years have gone by since we released our first CFP and crammed into
a couple of small rooms at UCSD, but we're very proud to have come
this far and to be finally accepting submissions for the 10th ToorCon.
I could go on and on talking about how great this year's event is
going to be, but I'm sure you already know that it's going to kick ass
or don't give a hoot and aren't going to read any further.

Now that we've eliminated all of the losers here's some details about
the con this year. We'll be having the main conference again at the
San Diego Convention Center on September 26th-28th, starting off with
our standard reception on Friday night, 50-minute talks on Saturday,
and 20-minute talks on Sunday. We will also be having 2 days of
hands-on training on September 24th-25th, 2008 and our Deep Knowledge
Seminars on September 26th, 2008. Talks are currently being accepted
for all slots and will be given preference based on the order that
they are received. Here's the infoz that we need from y'all:

CFP SUBMISSION INFORMATION

Please send data to cfp@...rcon.org :

000. Name (or leet alias, non-leet aliases are subject to heckling)
001. Email Address
010. Mobile Phone Number (In case we need to contact you at the con)
011. Brief Bio
100. Title of the Talk
101. Brief Abstract
110. Any supporting materials, links, outlines, etc
111. What talk format are you submitting for:
00. 20-minute talk (Sunday)
01. 50-minute talk (Saturday)
10. 75-minute seminar (Friday)
11. 2-day workshop (Wednesday-Thursday)

DISCLAIMERS

No sales pitches are allowed and please no presentations on old
discoveries or things that most technical people already know about.
We try to keep ToorCon highly technical so please no talks on phf, oob
netbios packets, smurfs, gnomes, other mythical creatures, etc.
ToorCon has full permission to record and republish any material that
is presented at the conference and all that boring stuff. Also, if you
for some reason ditch out on your talk, it wasn't us that hacked your
myspace (I'm sure it was samy).

REASONS TO SUBMIT

- The fame and prestige of presenting at the best hacker conference
out there (no duh)
- A free ticket for yourself and a friend (with benefits or otherwise)
- Invitations to all of the parties and special events (including our
staff/speaker appreciation party/dinner on sunday)
- Free admission to the friday seminars (limited amount of seats
provided on a first-come first serve basis)
- Compensation is provided to 2-day workshop trainers, please email for details

SPONSORSHIP

As always, ToorCon doesn't mind getting money from anyone who wants to
give it to them. If you've got any growing on trees and don't mind
sharing with some starving conference planners to help them throw an
even more kickass conference, please let us know. We have all sorts of
ways of making it look like your money was well spent including
banner/logo placement, booths, sponsored parties & lunches, etc. For
more information, please contact geo@...rcon.org .

LOCATION INFO

ToorCon X San Diego (Seminars & Conference)
September 26th-28th, 2008
San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101
http://sdccc.org

ToorCon X San Diego (Training)
September 24th-25th, 2008
Hotel Solamar
435 6th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
http://hotelsolamar.com

SPECIAL DATES

August 4th, 2008 - Call for papers released
August 22nd, 2008 - First round of selection announced
August 29th, 2008 - Call for papers closes
September 5th, 2008 - Speaker & sponsor selection finalized
September 24th, 2008 - ToorCon training workshops start
September 26th, 2008 - ToorCon seminars & conference reception
September 27th, 2008 - ToorCon conference 50-minute talks
September 28th, 2008 - ToorCon conference 20-minute talks