Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:59:54 -0700
From: "Robbie (Rupinder) Gill" <rgill@...banetworks.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Aruba Mobility Controller Shared Default Certificate  - Response
 from Aruba Networks

The certificate referenced in this posting is for demonstration purposes
*only*, and this is clearly indicated in Aruba's documentation:

"A server certificate installed in the controller verifies the
authenticity of the controller for 802.1x authentication. Aruba
controllers ship with a demonstration digital certificate. Until  you
install a customer-specific server certificate in the controller,  this
demonstration certificate is used by default for all secure HTTP
connections (such as the WebUI and captive portal) and AAA FastConnect.

~ This certificate is included primarily for the purposes of feature
demonstration and convenience and is not intended for long-term use in
production networks. Users in a production environment are urged to
obtain and install a certificate issued for their site or domain by a
well-known certificate authority (CA). You can generate a Certificate
Signing Request (CSR) on the controller to submit to a CA. For
information  on how to generate a CSR and how to import the CA-signed
certificate into  the controller, see "Managing Certificates" on page
517 in Chapter 19,  "Configuring Management Access"."

The Aruba OS User Guides containing the above text and further details
on certificate management are available from Aruba's support site at
https://support.arubanetworks.com/.

Aruba Networks was not notified prior to the public disclosure of this
notice. Aruba Networks welcomes the opportunity to work
with security researchers and assist in product reports in accordance
with our security incident response policy available at
http://www.arubanetworks.com/support/wsirt.php.

If you are an Aruba customer and have any questions about this issue,
please contact Aruba support at support@...banetworks.com.

Aruba Threat Labs
Aruba Networks, Sunnnyvale, CA