Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 21:07:58 +0200
From: Davide Del Vecchio <dante@...ghieri.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	secure@...rosoft.com
Cc: Martin Suess <martin.suess@...c.ch>
Subject: Re: MS OWA 2003 Redirection Vulnerability - [MSRC 7368br]

Hi,

I found and notified this vulnerability to Microsoft in date:

Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:40:13 +0200

You read exactly, April 2007, 1 year and 6 months ago. :(

The Microsoft Security Response Center opened the case ID MSRC 7368br.

The bug has never been patched since 1 year and 6 months.
I asked time to time for updates but they always answered me that the
bug had to be patched with the next Service Pack and they did not have
any ETA.

This SP has still to be released.

They told me that if I released the vulnerability prior to the official
patch, I could not be officially credited for that. I tought it was not
a critical vuln, and so I waited. Too much (?).

I am a bit sorry for Microsoft, I think they lost an other chance since
now I feel a bit tricked. I am not sure if the next time I will wait so
much and I am not sure if I will suggest to anyone to wait for the
patch. I just hope Microsoft will credit me in the official patch. :(

Below you can find the first mail I wrote to MS regarding the issue.

Best regards,

Davide Del Vecchio.