Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 09:18:17 +1100
From: Fionnbharr <thouth@...il.com>
To: "Adrian P" <unknown.pentester@...il.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Universal Website Hijacking by Exploiting Firewall Content Filtering Features + SonicWALL firewalls 0day

Sure, this attack vector has been 'discovered' by lots of people in
the past, or even concurrently, thats my point. It doesn't merit a
whole paper on it. Not to mention you're getting on the FUD/Kaminsky
bandwagon when GNUtards release a statement like 'New technique to
universally hijack websites', trying to get some media attention for
something everyone else already knew.

re: the bluecoat vuln, if you read my post I just said it was a recent
(or as you might put it, *recent*) example of this type of
vulnerability. I've this sort of vuln myself with client software and
so has a number of other people I know. Glad to see the majority of
your email is completely irrelevant.