Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:08:35 -0800
From: "jmoss" <jmoss@...ckhat.com>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Black Hat November News: CFPS Now Open, Webinar 5 and Japan on-line.

Hello Bug Traq Readers, here are some updates on upcoming Black Hat
briefings as well as ways to get involved.

BLACK HAT FREE WEBINAR Nov 20th
https://www.blackhat.com/html/webinars/clickjacking.html

Black Hat Webcast #5 is scheduled for Thursday, November 20 at 1pm PST.
The topic this time is Clickjacking, and our featured guest is Jeremiah
Grossman, the co-discoverer of the widely publicized vulnerability.  For the
uninitiated, it's a set of techniques discovered by Jeremiah Grossman and
Robert Hansen that allows an attacker to transparently capture a user's
clicks, forcing the user to do all manner of unpleasant things ranging from
adjusting security settings to unwittingly visiting websites with malicious
code.

The vectors for this attack include all the major browsers and Flash. In
co-operation with Adobe, the discoverers delayed public discussion to allow
a patch to be created. In the intervening time, other researchers have made
partial disclosures, but this is your chance to join co-discoverer Jeremiah
Grossman for a Black Hat webcast that deals with the attack from all sides.
Bring your questions - we'll have a Q&A session after the presentation.

Black Hat Japan is in the books and we're already looking forward to the
Washington DC and Europe events. If you missed Black Hat Tokyo, we have put
all the material on-line for download, and are in the process of getting the
audio files tagged and on-line as well:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-japan-08/brief-bh-jp-08-onsite-archive.html

BLACK HAT WASHINGTON DC CFP NOW OPEN
Held February 16-19, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. Black Hat DC is
the leading security conference focused on the needs of government and
infrastructure security professionals, with tracks focused on Hardware and
Embedded Devices, Reverse Engineering and Malware, Client Wars and
Application Security, and Forensics and Network Protection. We hope to see
you there for another highly technical and refreshingly vendor-neutral
event.

Submitters will have until January 1 to get their papers into the Black Hat
CFP system at :
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-dc-09/bh-dc-09-cfp.html.

We expect to have the final selections for speakers and trainers made by
January 15, 2009. For those who wish to attend, you can get the best rates
by registering early and online registration is open at:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration-dc-09.html

Information about this year's venue can be located on the BH DC 09 venue
page at:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-dc-09/bh-dc-09-venue.html.

BLACK HAT EUROPE CFP NOW OPEN
Black Hat Europe returns to Amsterdam from April 14 to April 17 with the
best lineup of security trainers and speakers anywhere on the European
continent. Tracks include Hardware and Embedded Devices, Reversing and
Malware, Client Wars and Application Security, as well as a focus on the
Enterprise for issues typically found in large enterprises, from databases,
access control, data management, centralized logging and policy management
all the way to routing and switching infrastructure.

The CFP closes February 1 with final selection expected by February 15,
2009. Papers can be submitted to:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-09/bh-eu-09-cfp.html.

Online registration for BH EU is also open at:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration-eu-09.html
so be sure to register early for the best prices.

Black Hat Europe will be located again this year at the Moevenpick Amsterdam
City Center. To learn more about the venue, you can check the EU 09 venue
page on the Black Hat website here:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-09/bh-eu-09-venue.html.

Please keep in mind that paid delegates will have the opportunity to read
and evaluate CFP abstracts as the process unfolds.  Early registrants will
have the most opportunity to help shape the upcoming events by helping
review CFPs through our crowd-sourcing CFP system. Learn more here:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/blackpages/blackpages.html

GET INVOLVED WITH BLACK HAT!
- - Help review CFP submissions if you are a paid attendee:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/blackpages/blackpages.html
- - Join the Black Hat LinkedIn group and participate in discussions and
comment on news http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=37658&trk=hb_side_g
- - Share your pictures of past events, or just check out ours:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30017677@N05/

BLACK HAT NEWS AND UPDATES
If you want to get instant access to Black Hat news, you can get our RSS
feed:
https://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml
Follow us on Twitter:
https://www.twitter.com/BlackHatUSA2008