Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:19:22 +0000
From: "dennis jackson" <dennis.jackson@...rect.co.uk>
To: <guillaume.muller@...esurf.fr>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Re: OpenSSH security advisory: cbc.adv

What documents have you been reading?

Take a look at the actual vulnerability advisory.
http://www.cpni.gov.uk/Docs/Vulnerability_Advisory_SSH.txt
Or the original posting by OpenSSH
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/498558/30/0/threaded

Where is there any condition related to National Security?

If you read the vulnerability advisory you would see that the problem is "a
design flaw in the SSH specification". OpenSSH was merely used as an example of
an implementation of SSH written to implement the specification.

It only takes a few seconds to realise that SSH is used in critical systems. We
have seen in recent weeks and months that we are all vulnerable to the security
of the banking systems. Anyone who uses online banking makes use of systems that
include SSH. Do the oil companies have a private network for ordering stocks?
What about weather stations or tidal guages, are they on private networks? Are
there any ISPs who don't use remote mangement?