Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:05:06 +0100 (CET)
From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@...ne.cc>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Browser Security Handbook

Hi all,

I am happy to announce the availability of our "Browser Security Handbook"
- a comprehensive, 60-page document meant to provide web application
developers and information security researchers with a one-stop reference
to several hundred key security properties and sometimes counterintuitive
quirks in contemporary web browsers:

   http://code.google.com/p/browsersec/wiki/Main

Having a clear picture of these characteristics appears to be of
significance to building secure web applications, and to auditing existing
designs for potential weaknesses. For this reason, I am hoping that the
document is a valuable contribution to the information security community.

BSH currently covers recent releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer
(versions 6 and 7), Mozilla Firefox (versions 2 and 3), Apple Safari,
Opera, Google Chrome, Android embedded browser, and a handful of browser
plugins.

Please note that due to the sheer number of characteristics covered, I
fully expect some kinks to show up here and there; feedback from vendors
and security researchers is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
/mz