Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:26:39 +0200
From: Ofer Shezaf <ofer@...zaf.com>
To: Bugtraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Web Hacking Incidents update for Jan 28th

The incidents reported on WHID (the web hacking incidents database) last
week where:

* WHID 2009-11: Lil Kim Facebook Hacked
(http://whid.xiom.com/WHID/2009/11/Lil_Kim_Facebook_Hacked):
	Together with the Soulja Boy Incident last year
(http://whid.xiom.com/WHID/2008/56/Soulja_Boy_Myspace_Hacked) and the
Twitter hack earlier this month (http://whid.xiom.com/whid-2009-2) shows
that inherent insecurity of Web 2.0 due to mismanagement by the (often
hi-profile) users.

* WHID 2009-10: MacRumorsLive feed hack
(http://whid.xiom.com/WHID/2009/10/MacRumorsLive_feed_hacked)
* WHID 2009-8: Wired.com Image Viewer Hacked to Create Phony Steve Jobs
Health Story
(http://whid.xiom.com/whid-2009-8_Wired_Hacked_to_Create_Phony_Steve_Jobs_He
alth_Story)
	If I had ten cents for each hack involving Steve Jobs health....

* WHID 2009-9: MetaFilter suffers an SQL injection attack
(http://whid.xiom.com/whid-2009-9-MetaFilter_suffers_an_SQL_injection_attack
)

In addition we are looking for information about two high profile incidents
to determine if they where web hacks or not. If you have public information
shedding light on either the Monster or Heartland incidents, let us know
(http://www.xiom.com/whid-Is_the_new_Monster_Hack_a_Web_Hack)

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf
shezaf@...m.com, +972-54-4431119

Founder, Xiom.com, Proactive Web Application Security, http://www.xiom.com
Chairman, OWASP Israel
Leader, WASC Web Hacking Incidents Database Project