Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:13:50 +0100
From: Benjamin Milde <bmilde@...v.de>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Another SQL injection in ProFTPd with mod_mysql (probably postgres
 as well)

Reproduceable under Gentoo with Proftpd 1.3.1 - But not under debian
etch with Proftpd 1.3.0

The newst Proftpd in Gentoo is 1.3.2-rc2, but there seems to be an
Mysql-related patch in the build-file now. I also tested vanilla
1.3.2-rc4 and 1.3.2, with all three the sql-injection is not
reproduceable for me and the query is escaped.

It is also possible to inject your own strings (and breaking the
proftpd-cage) with an user name like this:

%') and 1=2 union (select

Name can be anything, uid and gid let you select any username with
access to the complete filesystem. Only if you use uid=0 and gid=0 root
becomes nobody and nogroup. Other values seem to work.

- B. Milde