Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 03:03:00 -0400
From: advisories@...ern0t.net
To: <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
Subject: RE: DoS vulnerability in Google Chrome

Hi MustLive,

I can confirm that this consumed most ressources in FireFox 3.5.2 as well.
I have the newest Google Chrome browser installed which might explain why.

Best regards, hopes, peace and love,
MaXe - Founder of InterN0T - Undergrou...
http://www.intern0t.net/

PS: The extra long signature doesn't make a difference :-D

Hello Bugtraq!

I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerability in Google Chrome.

This vulnerability I found already at 26.12.2008. Attack belongs to type of
blocking DoS and DoS via resources consumption
(http://websecurity.com.ua/2550/).

DoS:

http://websecurity.com.ua/uploads/2009/Google%20Chrome%20DoS%20Exploit.html

http://websecurity.com.ua/uploads/2009/Google%20Chrome%20DoS%20Exploit2.html

With the first exploit Chrome blocks. With the second exploit Chrome blocks,
at that consumes CPU resources.

Vulnerable version is Google Chrome 1.0.154.48 and previous versions (and
potentially next versions too).

I mentioned about this vulnerability at my site
(http://websecurity.com.ua/3435/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site