Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:49:21 +0100
From: Tom Neaves <tom@...neaves.co.uk>
To: Yossi Yakubov <yos20053@...il.com>
Cc: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Improper Authentication Mechanism in 3Com Wireless8760 Dual Radio
 11a/b/g Poe Access Point

Hi Yossi,

Are you doing something funky with your IP address, e.g., NAT'ed/short DHCP
lease?  The reason I ask is because in 2008, Adrian Pastor stated
authentication in the 3Com Wireless 8760 was linked to the source IP
address [1].  It may well be the case (as you have discovered) that it
allows arbitrary IP addresses to access the config once an administrator
has authentication... However, I just wanted to hit this badboy up incase
there was some confusion.

Cheers,

Tom

[1] http://securityreason.com/wlb_show/WLB-2008110039