Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:57:18 +0000
From: Major Malfunction <majormal@...ate-radio.org>
To: dc4420 <dc4420@...420.org>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: London DEFCON January meet - DC4420 - Wed 27th Jan 2010

Hi All,

It's a new year, and we have a new venue and new rules of engagement!

First, the venue - we are back in a pub, in the heart of the west end,
with a private room/bar and easy connection to mainline stations etc.
Food is excellent and drinks are at *normal* pub prices (and, most
importantly, they have Guinness)!!!!

Secondly, ROE: we still run on "Fight Club" rules, i.e. "you will talk",
but we're going to make it a bit easier to get started... This year, we
will be limiting the talks to a single full-length
'tek/security/hacking' talk, followed by a single 'fun/other' talk,
which can be any length (if it's really short, we may do two that
month)... Some previous subjects for the 'fun' talks have been:

   Torches / Lasers
   Home built water cannon
   Interfacing live firearms to FPS games
   Brain engineering (smart drugs etc.)

... you get the idea...

Meeting will always be the last Wednesday of the month, and venue is
booked for the whole year, so you can get these dates in your diary
(they are also on the front page of the main site - http://www.dc4420.org/)

   January 27th
   Febuary 24th
   March 31st
   April 28th - Infosec *gulp*
   May 26th
   June 30th
   July 28th (Social - goons will be in Vegas!)
   August 25th
   September 29th
   October 27th
   November 24th
   December 15th (Social) <-- Not a Wednesday!

OK, so on to this month's details:

venue:

   Upstairs at The Black Horse, 6 Rathbone Place, W1T 1HH
   http://tinyurl.com/dc4420-venue

nearest stations:

Tottenham Court Road London Underground station (150m) - zone 1
Goodge Street London Underground station (440m) - zone 1
Oxford Circus London Underground station (630m) - zone 1
Leicester Square London Underground station (680m) - zone 1
Covent Garden London Underground station (750m) - zone 1

talks:

- mu-b : disk crypto stuff (the technical one)

- even + others : white hat rally (the non-technical one)

as mu-b may be late, and the rally talk may be quite short, we will also
have:

- Bonus: Major Malfunction will show the latest build of
http://www.alcrypto.co.uk/satmap/ (the fun one)

yes, me hunting for UAVs... :P

kickoff:

   room ours from 18:00, talks start at 19:30
   kitchen closes at 21:00
   last orders 23:00

see you all there!

http://dc4420.org

cheers,
MM
--
"In DEFCON, we have no names..." errr... well, we do... but silly ones...