Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:41:43 +0200
From: Pete Herzog <lists@...com.org>
To: Bugtraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Security Awareness for kids

Hi,

Introducing: http://www.badpeopleproject.org

Security as it's taught to children is a mess. They get rules for
everything, more than anyone should have to memorize, and the rules
unfortunately hardly overlap from real world security to
cybersecurity. We want to fix that and we need your help.

The Bad People Project is a collaborative community where kids,
without any coaching, draw what they think a bad person looks like. As
we put up more pictures we will be able to improve our understanding
of security for kids from a cultural and regional point of view. This
is then used to create open and free classroom materials for kids to
build a strong foundation in security while crossing cultural
boundaries where kids learn about other kids security and safety concerns.

ISECOM has a good track record in tackling difficult and abstract
concepts to make a difference. We hope this will lead to making free
materials for elementary schools to provide in class much like we did
for Hacker Highschool. But we need to reach the first milestone before
we can do anything else.

We need you to talk to the parents of children you know, talk to
schools, and talk to after-school clubs (an Italian Judo class for
kids submitted 8 pictures) to get kids to draw what they think bad
people look like. Please get involved in making this a security
awareness project that encompasses security online and offline for
kids. Translations of the pdf are also welcome!

Thanks!

http://www.isecom.org/mirror/badpeopleproject.pdf

Sincerely,
-pete.

--
Pete Herzog - Managing Director - pete@...com.org
ISECOM - Institute for Security and Open Methodologies