Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 01:59:52 +0100
From: "ACROS Security Lists" <lists@...os.si>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	<cert@...t.org>, <si-cert@...es.si>
Subject: The Unbearable Lightness Of Non-Fixing: A Short Study in Security Reactiveness And Proactiveness

Roughly 100 days after the Binary Planting (a.k.a. DLL hijacking, DLL preloading,
Insecure Library Loading) vulnerability has been (re)discovered in hundreds of
Windows applications (and likely undiscovered in thousands more), we've taken a
unique opportunity to compare software vendors' fixing of publicly known
vulnerabilities to their fixing of publicly unknown ones. We hope our short study
will provide the research community with a bit of insight into the elusive world of
"unknown unknowns" that is *actual* security.

http://blog.acrossecurity.com/2010/11/unbearable-lightness-of-non-fixing.html

Pleasant reading,

Mitja Kolsek
CEO&CTO

ACROS, d.o.o.
Makedonska ulica 113
SI - 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
tel: +386 2 3000 280
fax: +386 2 3000 282
web: http://www.acrossecurity.com

ACROS Security: Finding Your Digital Vulnerabilities Before Others Do