Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 20:41:27 +0400
From: Alexander Polyakov <a.polyakov@...scan.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, pen-test@...urityfocus.com
Subject: One week left! CFP for ZeroNights Conference in Moscow 19-20 November 2012

### ZeroNights is an international conference dedicated to the
technical side of information security. ###

Our event is a unique, unmatched happening in the world of security in
Russia. Guests from all over the world, technical hacking papers and
workshops – no milk-and-water, no commercials, just technology,
working methods, attacks and forensics!

### Best papers from the experts all over the world ###

Grugq,FX,Sklyarov,Miaubiz,J00ru,Michele Orru, Rick Flores, joernchen
of Phenoelit, Alexey Sintsov and other cool guys will be there!!!!
What about you!

Interesting technical speeches will be given by the planet’s best
speakers. Only hot research, actual problems and real attacks. A paper
like those is what shows you that anything you might buy or use is
vulnerable in one way or the other. A paper like those can help you
evaluate the real security level of a system, a technology, a protocol
etc. ZeroNights is the place to learn how hackers work, how malware
and exploits work.

### CFP ###

November, 19-20 Moscow, Russia

If you wish to share your experience, knowledge and skills, it is
easy: send us the description of your paper and the desired
presentation format. Our program committee (DCG#7812) will consider
your application and make the decision. CFP will last until 10/10/12.
We are going to shortlist the applications and publish the results in
several rounds, so we will announce new approved speakers throughout
the CFP period.

You can choose any subject for your paper as long as it fits the scope
of the event but this year we favor the following topics:

# Practical hacking #

Everything that makes hacking attacks worth attention. Finding a
vulnerability is one thing, but digging into it, applying other vulns,
taking other factors into account and devising a working exploit in
the end is an entirely different thing. It’s not about cheap things
like APT but about real attack methods which work no matter what and
do actual harm:

-Business system hacks: ERP/SCADA/PLC
-Attack vectors which lead to direct profit
-Corporate sector attacks: real cases, disguise methods,unique systems, etc.
-Attacks on POS terminals and ATMs
-Attacks and security breaches of embedded devices
-Breaking Smardcards/transport/alarm/access
control/medical/cars/boats/helicopters/aircrafts/T-3000/etc

# Mobile security  #

Attacks and security breaches in the world of mobile:

-Attacks on protocols like GSM/LTE/3G/CDMA etc.
-OS vulnerabilities (Android/iOS/Windows Phone)
-Firmware vulnerabilities
-Attacks on devices

# “Fundamental” research #

We remain a deeply technical conference, so any new and practical
research in the field of attack methods is very interesting:

-OS defense bypass
-Vulnerability exploitation
-Fuzzing techniques
-Anti-antivirus mechanisms
-Reverse engineering
-Web security

Our scope is not limited to the mentioned topics, so if you think that
your subject will be interesting to the audience feel free to write
us, too!

if($talk=~/apt|anonymous|PR/gi)
{

$REJECT=1;

}

Our conference has several participation formats. The terms and
conditions are described below:

#1. 40 minutes speech

The speaker is granted 40 minutes to present his/her paper and 5
minutes to answer questions in one of the two halls where the event
will be held. Transport costs (trip to Moscow and back, economy class)
and three nights in a hotel close to the venue are reimbursed to
speakers. The reimbursement cannot exceed 1000 USD. All the additional
terms and condition are discussed individually.

#2. Fast track speech

The speaker is granted 15 minutes to present his/her paper and 5
minutes to answer questions in a separate hall. Transport and hotel
costs are not reimbursed.

#3. Workshop

The speaker prepares his/her presentation and any training materials
he/she needs. He/she is granted 2 or more hours to conduct the master
class in a separate hall. Transport costs (trip to Moscow and back,
economy class) and three nights in a hotel close to the venue are
reimbursed to speakers. The reimbursement cannot exceed 1000 USD. All
the additional terms and condition are discussed individually.

Please send your applications to cfp@...onights.ru.

Your application must include:

Name and surname
E-mail address
Short biography:

Place of employment
Position

Place of residence
Title of the paper
Short description of the paper (500 symbols or less, for the website)
Full technical description of the paper
Will you tell about 0-day vulnerabilities?
Status of the paper (was it presented/published before? if yes, where and when?)
Will instruments be presented?
Any personal requirements

We do not accept marketing and non-technical commercial papers.

The accepted languages are English and Russian.

We guarantee you good mood, pleasant company and a whole lot of
unforgettable experience in the capital of Russia.

--
Polyakov Alexander.
CTO ERPScan