Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 11:08:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Bruce A. Peters" <bpeters@...kure.com>
To: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@...lounge.net>
Cc: Stefan Kanthak <stefan.kanthak@...go.de>,
  Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq@...netcobalt.net>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: [FD] Mozilla extensions: a security nightmare

The exact same way ubuntu and the unix os has done it for many, many years. Using the sudo method. Everytime a
restricted user needs to install a plugin, they are prompted for the administrator(root) password.

After reviewing windows 10, It's obvious this problem will never be fixed and people will continue to have their
bank account, email and other personal passwords and information stolen. As usual, right out of the box, you are
running as an administrator basically, even though windows UAC tries somewhat to emulate the unix like sudo, the user
just clicks ok, because it's easy and they are not paying any attention to what is happening.

If they had to type in a password and were presented with a simple "do you want to install yayayhh.exe? (meta data) etc.) and an administrator password prompt, it would greatly reduce the chance of executing unwanted code. Microsoft doesn't do this because they know that people will bitch and complain. I say let them bitch and complain.

Windows 10 is still pretty much an operating system for children. If you want to see how easy it is to create a botnet or obfuscate your RAT like blackshades, darkcomet eg. to easily run on windows undetected. Go check out what the folks over at hackforums are up to. Expensive cisco fw, barracuda spam filters, AV and all the encryption in the world won't do you any good if you don't understand the importance of sandboxing or worse don't understand exactly what stefan was saying, particularly when all attackers nowadays know to create a reverse connection back out through the fw to the cac server.

Cheers

Bruce