From: csnow at deltadentalwa.com (Snow, Corey)
Subject: New W32.Gibe variant making the rounds?

I just a little while ago was informed by my mail system admin that a
message intended for me had been snagged by our mail filters as containing
the W32_GibeA virus. Many of you probably remember that this was the little
bugger that went around under the guise of a Microsoft Security update and
had an attachment called Q216309.exe, which was actually a backdoor and
massmailer with its own SMTP engine.

Well, this one seemed to be a bit different. It had a return address of
"pgp-key-request@...tmaster.org" and the subject line was "Introduction on
ADSL". I've requested a copy of the original message. If and when I receive
it, I'll forward any other relevant details along. I'm assuming that this is
an attempt to tart up the original W32.Gibe virus and cause a new round of
infections.

Apologies if this is something that is already seen; I was concerned that a
new social-engineering attempt using the old Gibe virus was being made.

Regards,

Corey Snow

The information contained in this e-mail and subsequent attachments may be privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure.  This transmission is intended for the sole
use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you
think that you have received this message in error, please e-mail the sender at the above
e-mail address.