From: core at bokeoa.com (Charles 'core' Stevenson)
Subject: Anonymous surfing my ass!

Hasty flames are counterproductive. Let us not be so quick to judge.
Speaking from personal experience, I would imagine that most people's
first few advisories are bound to lack clarity/details. Additionally one
must remember not to hit that reply button instantly after reading a
post that triggers anger/hostility. I myself am guilty of all the
aforementioned shortcomings. But hey we're human aren't we?

Nor should a man be in a hurry to publish his advisory the instant his
proof-of-concept exploit works. Sitting on a bug for a little while will
afford the time to polish the advisory and/or exploit. The discloser
must determine the fundamental pieces of information every advisory
should have and a format which puts the bottom-line-up-front. In this
fashion the discloser can take pride in knowing, whether the bug was
trivial to exploit or a work of art, that all of those who read it will
walk away with a clear understanding of the problem, impact, solution,
etc.. Take a look at security focus's vuln-help advisory template.

peace,
core