From: core at bokeoa.com (Charles 'core' Stevenson)
Subject: Sharutils buggy?

Well you could check out some e-mail programs etc... Imagine that an
attacker sends e-mail to root@...e.host with a uuencoded attachment. The
attacker has local access to the machine and knows that root's e-mail
program calls system("uudecode %s",file) would allow the attacker to
setup the uuencode file in such a fashion as to make this work...
whether such a case exists is pure speculation. But out of boredom I've
attached a theorhetical exploit.

peace,
core