From: pgrundl at kpmg.dk (Peter Gründl)
Subject: KPMG-2002031: Jigsaw Webserver Path Disclosure

Title: Jigsaw Webserver Path Disclosure

BUG-ID: 2002031
Released: 17th Jul 2002

Problem:
========
It is possible to disclose the physical path to the webroot. This
information could be useful to a malicious user wishing to gain
illegal access to resources on the server.

Vulnerable:
===========
- Jigsaw V2.2.1 Distribution on Windows 2000 Server

Not Vulnerable:
===============
- Jigsaw V2.2.1 Dev/2.2/20020711 on Windows 2000 Server

Product Description:
====================
Quoted from the vendor webpage:

"Jigsaw is W3C's leading-edge Web server platform, providing a sample
 HTTP 1.1 implementation and a variety of other features on top of an
 advanced architecture implemented in Java. The W3C Jigsaw Activity
 statement explains the motivation and future plans in more detail.
 Jigsaw is an W3C Open Source Project, started May 1996."

Details:
========
Requesting /aux two times, results in an error message, after second
request, containing the physical path to the web root.

Vendor URL:
===========
You can visit the vendor webpage here: http://www.w3.org

Vendor response:
================
The vendor was notified on the 27th of May, 2002. On the 11th of
July, 2002 we verified that the issue was corrected in the latest
build (20020708).

Corrective action:
Upgrade your Jigsaw.jar to the latest build, available from:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.2/20020711/

Author: Peter Gr?ndl (pgrundl@...g.dk)

KPMG is not responsible for the misuse of the information we provide
through our security advisories. These advisories are a service to
the professional security community. In no event shall KPMG be lia-
ble for any consequences whatsoever arising out of or in connection
with the use or spread of this information.