From: madduck at madduck.net (martin f krafft)
Subject: Symantec Buys SecurityFocus, among others....

also sprach Jay D. Dyson <jdyson@...achery.net> [2002.07.20.2151 +0200]:
> 	In short, corporate America has been doing its damnedest to fuck
> things up for us.  I sure as hell would not mind returning the favor.
> Sure, let 'em patch based on the work...but the moment they try reselling
> the data with their own brand name slapped on it, I'd say it's time to put
> their feet to the fire.
>
> 	But most importantly, I think it's time we took the stance that
> greatly favors Open Source products over their commercial counterparts.
> In case nobody's noticed, all the Closed Source vendors are doing their
> best to demonize Open Source (even going to far as to call it a "threat to
> national security").
>
> 	In short, the corporate sector has been lobbing shells at us this
> long.  It's about goddamned time we returned fire.

I am in the boat, but only if you don't forget the European part of
the world, who are, partially due to America's influence, feeling the
same about their corporate world. At least some. We wouldn't want to
leave those folks to the enemy, right?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@...duck

friends help you move. real friends help you move bodies.