From: hggdh at attbi.com (HggdH)
Subject: Fw: PHRACK 59 OFFICIAL RELEASE

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phrack Staff" <rm@...fault.net>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 07:53
Subject: PHRACK 59 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Hello,

It has come to our attention that a pre-release version of phrack has
been leaked to the public. The extraction utility has been trojaned, the
introduction heavily editted, and the purity of the articles and
accompanying
source code is questionable. This leaked and trojaned version of PHRACK
should be avoided by the public.

PHRACK 59 has been released in 3 steps:
2002-07-13: Limited release to contributing authors and volunteer reviewers.
2002-07-19: PHRACK 59 Release Candidate 1 is privately release to a larger
            audience for initial feed-back and review. (Not expected to
            stay private for long...)
            http://www.phrack.org/gogetit/phrack59.tar.gz.
2002-07-28: Public release on http://www.phrack.org main page for everyone
            who missed the release on the 19th.

Phrack reminds people that the only official PHRACK release site is
http://www.phrack.org.

The latest issue has been put online on at:

http://www.phrack.org/gogetit/phrack59.tar.gz
http://dl.www.phrack.org/gogetit/phrack59.tar.gz

|=[ Table of Contents ]=-------------------------------------------------=|
| 0x01 Introduction                                  Phrack Staff 0x0b kb |
| 0x02 Loopback                                      Phrack Staff 0x0f kb |
| 0x03 Linenoise                                     Phrack Staff 0x6b kb |
| 0x04 Handling the Interrupt Descriptor Table                kad 0x55 kb |
| 0x05 Advances in kernel hacking II                      palmers 0x15 kb |
| 0x06 Defeating Forensic Analysis on Unix       anonymous author 0x65 kb |
| 0x07 Advances in format string exploiting            gera & riq 0x1f kb |
| 0x08 Runtime process infection                 anonymous author 0x2f kb |
| 0x09 Bypassing PaX ASLR protection             anonymous author 0x26 kb |
| 0x0a Execution path analysis: finding kernel rk's J.K.Rutkowski 0x2a kb |
| 0x0b Cuts like a knife, SSHarp                          stealth 0x0c kb |
| 0x0c Building ptrace injecting shellcodes      anonymous author 0x17 kb |
| 0x0d Linux/390 shellcode development           johnny cyberpunk 0x14 kb |
| 0x0e Writing linux kernel keylogger                          rd 0x29 kb |
| 0x0f Cryptographic random number generators           DrMungkee 0x2d kb |
| 0x10 Playing with windows /dev/(k)mem                 crazylord 0x42 kb |
| 0x11 Phrack World News                             Phrack Staff 0x18 kb |
| 0x12 Phrack magazine extraction utility            Phrack Staff 0x15 kb |

Enjoy the magazine!

MD5:
fa1d072634c3b9d837e4acb74b7041ab phrack59.tar.gz

PGP signed with the key in PHRACK 57 and 58:
$ gpg --verify phrack59.tar.gz.sig phrack59.tar.gz