From: Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk (Nigel Metheringham)
Subject: Security Update: [CSSA-2002-032.0] Linux:
	temporary file races in libmm

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 13:24, John Cartwright wrote:
> We believe that the vendor notifications are useful information. To
> provide a viable alternative to other more commercial lists, we need to
> extend our reach to as wide a range of people as possible. I have been
> campaigning for vendors to submit content to us for this reason.

Personally I'd prefer the vendor notifications to be put on a parallel
list, because
        1. A flurry of 100s of one-man-and-their-dog Linux distributions
           announcing a security update obscures the real discussion
           (especially as each announcement is in its own thread).
        2. I already get (multiple) copies of this stuff.  Save the
           electrons, give me a chance to not duplicate to that extent.

[Damn, we're back to list meta discussions - this is the most
introspective list I have ever been on :-) ]

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@...echnology.co.uk ]